Anyway, today we drove through to Dubai and ended up killing two birds with one stone: selling the Don's car and hitting Wild Wadi, the water park attached to the Jumeirah Beach Hotel, which lies in the shadow of the iconic Burj Al Arab. Much to the boys disappointment we were not staying in the hotel, but you know, so be it.
They soon got over it and spent two hours solid playing in Juha's Dhow and Lagoon, and Flood River.
| Flood River |
Both Aquaventure at Atlantis and Wild Wadi have a lot of rides on rubber rings, where water wooshes you up fast before you twist and turn down a slide, before wooshing you up another one etc etc. I mean they are good, and fun, and I even tried to take a movie on one, until I had to drop my phone and hold on because it was actually pretty powerful, which kinda put an end to that. But they're not rides like Yas has.
The Jumeirah Sceirah, however, is and Lightning was our star of the day by not only enthusiastically choosing to slide in tandem with the Don but, after the floor below him dropping open and plummeting him 120m at 80km/h to the bottom, still having a smile on his face!
| Jumeirah Sceirah |
Meanwhile Joey, who was still too small for everything, and I lazed around the river. Again. And again. And again. Until it was time for Tantrum Alley and Burj Surj, when the poor boy just had to wait at the bottom. "But I am big! I am almost as big as [Lightning]. I aaaaam!" I know son, but... well... sorry. Thinking you're big and actually being big, are not quite the same...
But after that the sun was setting and it was time to head home, bypassing the rediculously priced ice-creams in the park and opting for 1 dirham McDonald's cones instead. You can't beat 'em.
Fun end to our Eid break!

No comments:
Post a Comment