Last Wednesday afternoon Lightning, Joey and I watched Toots and Tiger take part in the Year 3 and 4 Swim Team trials.
From 3-4pm we sat on the bleachers of the new School 'Sports Academy' open air swimming pool, and although we were in the shade, we basically sweated non-stop. In all seriousness I think I lost a good couple of kilos.
| Not sure if you can see the sweat running of his face... |
Although I'd planned on finding a babysitter and booking into a comfortable, modern, relaxing and rejuvinating hotel for the night with the Don, I was hit with inspiration (and quite frankly finding childcare for four is tough and potentially expensive, and everything is overpriced over Eid, and really, this will be an experience and memory maker), so figured why not just camp out for the night instead? With all the kids. On a beach. In Fujairah. In hot and humid September weather. Crazy maybe (you have to experience the sweat to believe it!) but fun. Or at least, in hindsight the memorise will be! And the planning kinda has been. Plus, it crosses off another two things on my bucket list: hitting the last of our Emirates, Fujairah, and 'camping in the UAE' (though technically camping didn't actually make the list because I definitely didin't think we'd have time to do it).
So, we'll let you know how we got on when we're back! And cooled down. At the least the Indian Ocean should be a better temperature than the Arabin Gulf, or at least I'm hoping so...
No comments:
Post a Comment