Sunday, 18 December 2016

One Tree Hill

I'm sure I've said it before, but come December 1st I'm a lets-get-the-house-decorated-for-Christmas-and-lets-get-the-Christmas-songs-on-and hurry-up-and-lets-go-out-and-buy-our-tree! type of a gal.  But we've had three moves in the last six years in the weeks immediately before Christmas, which I have to say has made it really hard to get in to the spirit of things...

And as much as I love real Christmas trees and the fact that we spent a fortune on them in the States (shipped all the way to TX from OR), I do kinda wish we'd brought our cardboard one over from Abu Dhabi.  But we didn't, so this week we headed off to the forest to pick one.  Needless to say, a week before Christmas there were no suitable trees left, either in size or style, but a kindly Forestry Commission Elf took pity on our plight and found one that had been freshly cut that morning.  And although slightly 'off' looking (it had not been grown as a Christmas Tree and so hadn't been trimmed evenly over the years), with a bit of trimming to the lower branches it became a perfect specimen.

They're still dishing out the suckers!

Let the decorating commence!  And the snow fall.

No comments: