Friday, 9 December 2016

Yellow Brick Road

And with the Elton John song in my head we hum... "Good bye Be-ver-ley Road..."


I have to say I am a touch sad to see you go. Apart from the fact it was the Don's and my first house (well, it was the first one I had my name on: the Don had a house before we got married and we lived in it together for four years), we haven't actually spent that long living in you, at least not compared to how long we've owned you for.  But in this house my baby girls became big girls, I turned the big 3-0, we payed for our first ever fitted blinds and had the garden re-landscaped, and of course we had some of our best friends right round the corner.  Even in the last two months you've been pretty sweet to us: being super-well insulated, handy for outdoor adventure walks, and close to chums to walk up to school with...

Still, all good things must come to an end, and so we are moving across to the other side of town. And apparently into No-Man's land because we're not gonna have flamin' internet AGAIN for the best part of two weeks (WHAT'S WRONG WITH BRITISH TELECOM!!!?!?!?) which is of course, 'ever so slightly' *cough* annoying.

Great plans for a photo of the kids saying
goodbye to Beverley Road and hello to
Netherfield, but, you know...

No comments: