Sunday, 11 December 2016

Short Change Hero

Ha ha!!  Turns out we can get some internet, but only till midnight on Sunday thanks to the kind former owner whose internet service isn't being switched off until then.  Not that I've had much time to use it, thanks to sorting and organising the loft items and mound of stuff we have managed to collate over the last three months, painting of the kids rooms (including one ceiling which is exhausting work, and slightly more nerve-wracking when it's dark blue), and working out what/how to eat when the current pots and pans we're borrowing don't work on the induction stove.  The answer is obviously toast and take-away.

Meanwhile, without TV (I told the kids there would be nothing/nada/niente for two weeks so wasn't going back on that) the kids have been outside for more of the last 48 hours than in the last 4 weeks, have driven us nuts with squeals and shouts and general joy and despair in this furniture-less/curtain-less/echoey house, and have discovered the pennies that I've been collecting in since I moved to uni at seventeen:

It's a robot


And an airplane for mum and dad to go on

Roll on the container that's due tomorrow...

No comments: