Needless to say with all that gallivanting around the country and not getting home till after 9pm and then still needing to unpack the car and bags and get the wash on and get everything together for an early start for all of us to church the next day, there was not much time to produce and decorate a birthday cake for our Tiger. But produce and decorate one I must, because, well, you can't not...
Enter stage left the humble Dirt Cake.
If you've never made a dirt cake (and I'd never heard of it before a morning coffee with Lady Gray this past week) it's basically an easy home-made chocolate mousse with crushed oreos on top which resembles a big pile of dirt. Perfect for my flower girl and plant loving child; equally perfect for toddler boys, which begs the questions, why have I not come across it before?!
It might have been a bit disappointing to not actually cut a cake, but it tasted very, very, y-u-m-m-y.
No comments:
Post a Comment