Friday, 5 July 2019

Final Step

This has been a week of school visits, with the P7 Leaver's Show on Wednesday afternoon, the Music Sharing Assembly on Thursday afternoon, and the school End of Year Service on Friday morning [queue four videos to watch...]:

The P7 Leaver's Assembly has become a classic event in the P7 calendar.  Last year they produced Kelland's Got Talent and this year (thanks, I think, to the influence of Netflix), 'Friends' was the name of the game:






I knew the school held a Music Assembly every year, but I guess I ignored it, or didn't think much of it.  Anyway, the letter came home this year asking for pupils to take part, and though both girls dutifully handed me the letter, neither wanted to take part.  Thankfully (because my encouraging didn't seem to do any good), the music teacher herself spoke to Tiger and asked both her and Toots to take part, and she clearly has more influence!  Both played pieces from their exams last March, and played them beautifully.  Though next year I might be encouraging Tiger and Lightning (you have to be P4 to take part though he was the only child of mine that actually wanted to do it this year) to play something a bit more upbeat!





Last event of the week was the end of year service, to which all P7 parents were invited, and Toots didn't do too badly at all!!


Keeping it in the #urbanfamily!

No comments: