Friday, 28 February 2020

Greedy Soul

At what point does the hunger of a growing boy just become greed and gluttony?
Today the school hosted an I Bike Breakfast, which means everyone who cycles, scoots or walks to school for 8:30am is given a slap-up breakfast by the staff.  As it happens, since I needed the car and our bikes haven't been looked at since October, I drove half way and the boys scooted the rest, so though we didn't truly deserve it, I didn't feel all that bad...

Anyway, Lightning, being an 8-year old boy, couldn't wait till 8:30am for his breakfast, so enjoyed a bowl of cereal before we left the house. On arrival at school he then proceeded to ingest three pancakes, two toasted waffles covered in fruit, a brioche roll, a cereal bar and a cup of freshly bike-blended smoothie (which comes from a smoothie machine attached to a bike which blends as you cycle).  I mean the teachers were happily dishing it out and encouraging the eating, and Lightning does love his food... but...

He did tell me at tea time that he didn't really want his morning snack.

No comments: