Sunday, 16 February 2020

SnowTime

SNOW TIME!!! And the whole point of holidaying in Aviemore.

Except it actually snowed during the night, which made driving to The Lecht pretty tricky... The Lecht being the reluctant slope of choice (seeing as it was halfway back to Inverurie again) because it was too wild and windy for Cairngorm to be open.

And the Don and I were pretty iffy about skiing in the first place - or really the cost of skiing I should say.  We knew the girls would enjoy it and it would be good for them to do it again, and the boys were really keen to give it go, so we dutifully signed them all up to lessons along with their cousins and sucked up the cost.  And though the Don and I snowboarded pre-children, and he skiied up in Ruidoso post children, I worked out I haven't actually been on skiis in a long, long time, so in the end decided I did quite fancy giving it a go too.  But it's Scotland, and who can guarantee there'll be snow (Tiger will tell you all about that!), and if there's snow who can guarantee the weather...

Anyway, AunTia recapped the weekend all beautifully here, so I'll just post some more photies (though we don't seem to have many of the girls!):




Cracking sun, even if the wind was strong enough to blow you
over as you were oh so slowly travelling up the magic carpet!

Lightning

Joey


Smiles after lunch and ready for another
few hours of lessons...

...and then it turned.

But the whiteout conditions weren't enough to stop the boys, who were determined to continue on and on after their lessons, especially since they now got the chance to ski with Small Fry:




Anyway, everyone had an absolutely cracking (if knackering!) time, and if the kids can enjoy those conditions they will enjoy any...  French Alps 2021?!?  Ha!

No comments: