Since they had to camp in on Thursday night, the Don promised the boys they'd camp out last night. Except last night, 10 minutes into laying out the tent to 'pitch', the heavens opened and soaked everything. The Don bravely pitched it anyway (placing le creuset pots inside each of the corners, because wind was forecast and the pegs were only barely in the ground), figuring it could just take the night to dry out, and ta da....
...tonight they're camping. Not the girls, they just came outside to roast some smores.
| Anyone for s(ome)more?!? |
We're not altogether sure how warm it's gonna be overnight - 2 degreesC is the current 3am forecast - so they are well wrapped up in layers with extra blankets, and three boys in a small tent I'm sure will heat up pretty quickly... But with a tent that's probably about 26 years old (WOW, 26 years old!!) who know what the night will bring.
Once again, I will be warm and snug in my King bed, and have chosen to iron the night away to justify the TV I plan to watch.
No comments:
Post a Comment