Wednesday, 16 June 2021

I'm a Survivor

Now these tadpoles... we have been waiting months for something to happen to them.

They turned from frog spawn into tadpoles easily enough (I never blogged it because I was waiting for something more exciting to happen, though the kids and I were pretty excited at seeing their wee tales appear); they survived snow cocooning them in their tiny washing up basin pond and freezing temperatures causing the water to ice-up; they even survived the month of heavy rain which meant their pond overflowed without us realising and a whole bunch of them were beached.

Turns out they are not surviving the pesky crows that seem to spend their days on our roof.  Twice the Don has caught a crow pecking at the water, even lifting off the temporary cardboard box we'd placed over the basin as a cover, which maybe explains their fast dwindling number.  Perhaps it's time to release them back into the ditch so they can at least have a shot at a full life!

Okay so this picture doesn't actually show you
much, but I think when we had more in clearer
fresher water I only ever MPd about them!

Up for another Friday adventure iChum?