For another year running our P7s didn't make it to Dalguise but unlike last year, this year they at least got to have a fun activities week (and it's even in the sun!).
Today it was a 6+ mile cycle to Bennachie, then some mountain biking, pond dipping and den building, before the return cycle to school. Since I've been up at the school helping out anyway and they still needed some parent volunteers, I offered my services for the day despite not having a kid in the year. And DITTO!!!! to this first paragraph! The saving grace this year was my new snazzy bike, which made it infinitely easier to go at a snails pace up every. single. hill. No joke, I don't think I ever broke a sweat or felt even vaguely out of breath.
And I know I know it was just some of those in my group, and in fairness to them 12 miles up and down some fairly short and steep, but also some fairly long and slow, hills is tough going if you're generally never on a bike, so they did do well. And I'm not really complaining, because how can you complain about an easy cycle in the sun in the gorgeous countryside?!? But 'next time' I'm definitely asking to be in a faster group!

No comments:
Post a Comment