CHAOS on the roads this morning, especially getting in, driving around, and getting out of the city. I mean actual chaos. Roads ground to a standstill, hour-long queues of traffic, multiple RTAs at all major roundabouts, entirely closed sections of the AWPR... Anyone would have thought we had no clue that snow was forecast for the early hours of this morning (we did, BTW).
Anyway, all that chaos meant a late start for the boys and then, not long later, an outright school closure, I'm assuming as teachers couldn't make it out here. Which, in reality meant...| ...another snow day!! |
It was also a late start for the girls, which doesn't really count if your day already started at the Community Campus at 6am! School wasn't cancelled though, but with only 10-15 kids in each class as the busses weren't running, and teachers not willing to start new work or go over old work because half the kids were missing, it ended up being a waster day for them.
The Don also had a late start, but by staying at home for an extra hour and a hour his drive, to Kingswells, via the RTAs at Craibstone and road chaos on the AWPR, was on black roads and by all accounts 'a breeze', which made you wonder if the call to close the primary school was made too early.
No skin off my nose though - I carried on doing exactly what I'd planned to do, while the boys entertained themselves all day both inside and out!
No comments:
Post a Comment