This popped up on a feed today. It's so totally me:
I had physio a few years ago and after explaining where the pain was, how it started and what I thought had happened physically / internally, the physio asked if I was in the medical profession. Ha! Nope, that would be 15 years of Grey's Anatomy and before that five years of medics for flatmates.
Speaking of Grey's, I am totally off it. Maybe it's partly because for years I haven't been able to watch it weekly and have had to buy it and binge it every summer when it became available on Prime or NowTV. But even now that it's weekly again on Disney+ it just doesn't have the same appeal. Alex leaving in Season 16 was a big bummer, and then Jackson in Season 17, and then COVID and that being such a political storyline, and this season all the points/issues that seem to be being made every episode, and now Meredith leaving...?! It's just not as enjoyable, so now I'm wondering what the point is in continuing....
19 years I guess is a little bit of the point (too much investment has been put into that show and those characters to give them up completely!) but I do miss one of the biggest things I got from it over the years - that weekly emotional release. And, for the four years we were in the States, that wonderful Friday feeling I had of putting a baby down for their nap, unwrapping my chicken sonoma sandwich and strawberry lemonade from Strawberry Fields Cafe, and loading up the previous night's episode from whatever illegal website and dodgy VPN we were using.
Ah those days. Maybe I just need to go back and start again at the very beginning...

No comments:
Post a Comment