The bike wasn't resting for long...
The Ts were up in Inverness all weekend competing in a District meet, so since I had at least one day to kill (the other would be spent sweltering in jungle-like conditions at the side of the pool) I decided to get some more Ks under the old tyres.
Except the 3.5km Category 3 climb from Dores on the banks of Loch Ness up to the Essich Junction 250m higher, just about killed me. And what was left of me was basically broken by the seat saddle half way through the 55km cycle.
But, for the first time, I realised the value and motivation of a good lunch...
...even if it ended up coinciding with the only rain shower of the day.
Not the weekend though, oh no. While Inverurie saw glorious sun and 27 degrees, we were a cloudy, clammy 22C on Saturday with thunder and rainstorms lashing us most of Sunday. Don't cha love Scotland in summer?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment