Sunday, 10 September 2023

Better Off As Two

iChum and I had such grand plans to Ride the North this year, but lack of forethought and tardiness meant we didn't actually sign up in time.

But as I've been enjoying getting out on the bike and doing a few longer routes, and to support the tri-club that Joey is part of, I decided to sign up for the Three Peaks duathlon this morning.  I'm not stupid though, and I'm definitely not a runner, so Lightning and I signed up as Duo (sadly you have to be over 11 to do the run otherwise Joey would have jumped at the chance) which meant he would run the 5k, I would then cycle 20k, and he would run the final 2.5k.  And we'd still get to church on time(ish)!


And it was fun!  Of sorts.  Okay no it wasn't fun - I MUCH prefer cycling while chatting with friends and stopping off for cups of tea and pieces of cake on route - but I did cycle the fastest I'd ever done that route (and there are a LOT of hills), and Lightning ran a cracking two legs, so I guess on reflection it was a kind of fun.


We were by far the least serious though - and coming in 40 minutes after the leader (though not last!) probably reflected that!!! - but whatever, we did something we'd never done before so woop woop to us :)

No comments: