Sunday, 24 September 2023

(Definitely not an) Everyday Birthday

It wasn't enough celebrating two family birthdays this week (Toots turned 16 and Fingerling turned 9), so a bunch of us drove on down to Newcastle-under-Lyme and back to Keele Hall to celebrate our oldest living relative and his absolute belter of a birthday.  I tell you, there are not many '90' cards around!



The Clan members that made it

This time though, after celebrating Saturday night, we scooted another hour east to Alton Towers Water Park for a few hours of fun before our expedition home - and it was an expedition...  Anyway, I made sure to temper the kids' expectations: not as big as Yas Waterworld by any means (and indoor), but probably bigger, or at least more exciting, than Perth Leisure.  And I reckon I was spot on!  They had a blast, and could easily have spent twice as long there.





Fortifying ourselves with Kaffee und Kuchen before
the very long drive home...

Apparently after attending the next celebration, according to the kids, we have to visit Alton Towers proper.  We'll see!

No comments: