![]() |
| Happy Thanksgiving y'all! |
And yes, we celebrated a day late as one of the kids was on their S2 Outward Bound Adventure in Fort William until this evening, and another was working then going straight in to training yesterday. And since no one in this country celebrates or cares anyway, I'd rather have the whole lot of them home to eat their favourite meal of the year. Well, the favourite meal of the two that weren't here yesterday anyway.
This year I did try a pumpkin pie instead of the pecan pie I've made the last few years. I have to say using gluten-full pastry was definitely easier, but I had no idea it would shrink as much as it did! So, lesson learned for next year.
By far the "Sweetest pie of the meal" winner though was the 'savoury' sweet potato pie. No wonder it's everyone's favourite.


No comments:
Post a Comment