Wednesday, 4 February 2026

Outside

I've definitely said it before, but I am NOT an ourdoors person. I don't have anything against it, or being in it, but I could honestly spend a week inside quite happily, talking to no one and never setting foot outside.

BUT...


But... one of the things I enjoy most about having a dog, is actually taking it out on a walk. I don't even mind as such just walking the streets with him (I was about to say wandering the streets, but actually I can't stand wandering, I have to have a plan or know where I want to go) - especially when I want him to stay relatively clean (I say relatively because they can still get incredibly dirty just walking the streets!) - but my absolute favourite is to get out into the woods, or down to the river, or into an estate, ideally where no other dogs will be, and just let him run free. Even if it's chucking it down with rain.  These photos for not do the weather justice! Then I would happily spend an hour or two just being outside.


I think my problem with outside is that I need to have a point. And just walking for the sake of fresh air and exercise is not a point enough for me. But walking a dog, that's a great point, even when it's dinging it doon and you know it'll take an hour to clean and brush him when you get home.  Well, it's enough of a point once in a day - once I've done it once that's me done!


But when you're properly prepared and have your waterproofs on and warm gloves and know you're going outside for an hour in the wet, then you really can have the most enjoyable time - albeit it while still being wet, muddy and usually freezing, however well you prepare.

I'm not denying though I'd enjoy it more if it was hot, dry and sunny!

No comments: