Sunday, 22 February 2026

Take Me To Texas #leavingtexas

Sunday DID actually dawn bright and sunny and CLEAR! Clear because it was COLD. You forget that temperatures can swing a full 20 degrees overnight!

It was a long drive home for Kingsnake so she took her leave, while the rest of us checked out the Ocean Star Drilling Rig which has now been turned into a museum. Not that we don't know quite a lot already about the oil industry, but you know, when in Texas and when working within the oil industry...



 

And then it was a goodbye Galveston. There is still so much to see and do there, and although not necessarily the nicest beach in the world, I do understand why you might travel and visit and stay on the island for a spring or summer break. I mean I'd go back (if the company paid me!).

On our way up to the airport we stopped at the final restaurant on Tiger's list: Texas Roadhouse - and she didn't even order steak! I did, though by this time I think I'd eaten more steak than I've had in the last 5 years in Scotland. While there we managed to catch up with another family that we knew - this time from way back when we we all had babies in Hebron together - and it was so, so lovely. I do love staying in touch with friends around the world, and love the opportunity to catch up, even decades later!




The last time we were all together - when they were still
in Dingwall and we lived in Texas. They moved back to
TX while we were in AD and we've not managed to
cross paths since

4th July 2014

No comments: