Wednesday, 9 February 2011

I Like To Move It Move It

And the move begins.

Sunday night the girls, our luggage and I moved out of the house and into Inverurite Chum's family's wonderful home round the corner.  The Don, it being his first night home after too long away, spent it in his own bed (and away from children waking him up at 6am!).

Monday we woke to sleet falling and snow quickly following, and of course all our wellies, warm jackets, hats, scarves and gloves had either been packed away or left in the old house.  Toots, Tiger and I were determined to get to Toddlers anyway since it would be our last outing, so out we trudged, struggling with a buggy in the snow, cursing the sleet in our faces and our soaking feet.

Anyway, on Monday the Don (when he finally awoke from his jet-lagged slumber) and I managed to sort out the remainder of the house and loft, including washing, drying and ironing all the clothes he had taken with him and now needed to repack.  On Tuesday we sorted out the garage, did a couple of mass trisp to the skip, and picked up all the furniture we have left at various houses around Aberdeen.  And today the movers have arrived.
I'm currently sitting in the kitchen, using the opportunity to take a rest and catch up on emails and paperwork, and all I can currently here is "Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!" ... "To infinity and beyond!" ... as the packer desperately tries to pack Tiger's new toy in a box with other toys on top.
And as if we didn't have enough to do in the next week, Little Lightning's home doesn't seem to be growing big enough.  At my last midwife appointment my bump measured 4cm too small (they say the length in centimetres between the top of your uterus and your public bone should be the same as the number of weeks pregnant you are, plus or minus 2/3cm).  Anyway, I'm too small so tomorrow morning the Don and I have to go back into Aberdeen to attend the ante-natal clinic for another scan and chat with the consultant.  I've always measured small - with Toots it was always on the 2/3cm verge, but with Tiger it was 4cm just before the Christmas so I was about eight months pregnant at the time.  I think being taller and having a longer body I guess means there is just more space to carry your baby inside... or else the bump is just naturally small.  Both Toots and Tiger were healthy sizes so we're not worried about Little Lightning, but I suppose it is good to go and get it checked out.  And get to see him/her/it in another scan ;)

1 comment:

Jason said...

We will be thinking of you tomorrow. We pray it is nothing more than a chance to see your little one again :)