Every mum has a poo story don't they? Most have quite a few. Perhaps that's why mums make popular bloggers ;)
Our first baby poo story comes from the night Toots came home from hospital. I'll not go into detail but come morning we required scissors, a new vest and more than just cotton wool and water to remove the sticky meconium. Toots had another volcanic eruption not long after which resulted in a flight across the room and permanent stains on the purple carpet in her bedroom - a surprising distance from her change table.
I don't really remember any significant moments from Tiger's babyhood, but since Toots was still in nappies at the time I think anything Tiger produced was easy to clean and smelled of roses compared to the toddler. And what's one more dirty nappy when you're up to your arms anyway?
But Lightning, he produced a cracker today, and this time it is entirely my fault that my favourite pair of shorts are heading straight for the bin, that I've missed out on a much (since I've been awake since 5am) needed afternoon sleep, that Lightning is in his third outfit of the day and that our floor/table/chairs/change mat have never been cleaner. What is also predictable is that it all happened as I was Skyping a couple of Clan members, talking about blogs and mums and stories we could tell...
Lightning loves lying with his nappy off, so often at meal time we let him lie on the table on his change mat without a nappy (with his modesty covered to prevent spray, not just to cover his modesty). He lies quite happily gurgling up at the mobile hanging off the light and listening to his sisters sing Chitty Chitty Bang Bang while taking an hour to eat whichever meal they're sitting down for. Today, near the end of the meal, we decided to Skype Aunty Fona, as a bonus also got Aunty Stina, and all had a nice catch up. Toots and Tiger finally finished their meals and got bored of chatting so ran away, and since Lightning was getting fed up of lying down for so long, I sat him up on the table so he could see what was going on. Suddenly I felt it wet on my thigh... "Oh crap" I thought, "he must have peed". But nope, I was right the first time. And although Lightning was sitting on a towel on a mat with a wipe between his legs, the glowing golden pool still managed to spread over his change mat and across the table, drip down the tablecloth, over my t-shirt, on to my lovely tan coloured shorts, and finally rest on the floor by my slippers, before I'd noticed.
Crap.
Then of course you have that moment when you're not sure who or what to clean first. At least Lightning was happy, unlike the time we all got food poisoning and Toots threw up tomato soup and strawberry smoothie all over our lovely cream coloured bedroom carpet. What a dilemma that was: strip, wash and comfort the ill and crying child or try to save the carpet from ruin? At least I was clean and dry myself that time.
So what is it in baby poop that makes it stain so badly?? However much you soak, scrub and stain remove, whatever touches the stuff is permanently ruined.
But on reflection, it was a good thing. I suppose. The boy has been needing to do that for the last 36 hours so at least he slept soundly after he was stripped, bathed, redressed and fed. Which left me time to soak, scrub, give up and bin.
Thought it best to leave out all visuals to this story.
6 comments:
For the lack of pictures - I thank you :-)
Oh No! What a disaster! Our poo story is of a week old Andrew whose poo shot across the room onto daddy's desk and books. You don't mess with daddy's books! This was 5 minutes before leaving for church, the first time we were going to take him there to show him off. We didn't make it to church that morning :)
You can't even just chuck those books out!!
Last night I was thinking of Tiger and realised hers are all more recent, including running around naked in the house, doing a poo in the play room, then picking it up and carrying it through to the Don in the kitchen to show him. Nice.
That's hilarious!! Disgusting, but hilarious!
Great stuff! Keep it coming!!
I think the point is getting it to stop!
Post a Comment