Monday, 29 August 2011

We No Speak Americano

Now that Toots is in school the Don and I are learning as much as she is about American language and vernacular.

This week it's been all about Me, Myself and I (as if three year olds need any encouragement to think the world revolves around them!).  Today Toots had to lie on the floor while the teacher drew around her, then she painted the hair yellow, eyes blue, lips red, and a multi-coloured 'shirt' on her cut out self.  On Wednesday, she told me with great hilarity, she'll get to paint the pants, cue ten minutes of giggling and singing with Tiger about pants and poo poo pants and painted poo poo pants.  I was almost sorry to disappoint them with the translation.

Toots was also the 'caboose'  on Monday when the class walked out to the playground.  I think she explained it was because she was at the back of the line, so that's the first of many new words for me I'm sure.

No comments: