One of the great things about this town is that folks are so friendly (cue story about attempting to walk). One of the problems with this town, is that folks are just so friendly (cue the vasectomy, yes vasectomy, story).
Other folks that are too friendly, in my opinion, are those folks that come round to your door to try to sell you stuff, usually cleaning products and household security, but sometimes childrens educational books. I think. The accent of the Eastern European girl on her summer job didn't help her sell any. And these folks come round a lot. At least once a week I reckon we have someone chapping on the door, and as I've said before, I'm often rubbish at turning them down.
Today though, even though I barely opened the door, kept looking behind me at Toots and Tiger who were pummelling each other, quite clearly didn't want to talk, and said no we couldn't make a decision about a new security system at the very beginning, the guy was still friendly. How long have we been here, why did we come, do we like it, what are the differences, and on and on and on. Which really was genuine and very nice, but sometimes I do miss the British reserve, particularly after having 'one of those weeks'...
No comments:
Post a Comment