On reflection, it's not such a bad idea!
It made us think of the other 'drive through' options available in the city...
- all sorts of fast-food obviously, including burgers, tacos and burritos (with an incredible queue out on to the main road at 11am on a Sunday morning!)- ice-cream
- snow cones
- donuts
- bank ATMs
- car washes
- dry cleaning drop off and pick up
- photo print ordering and collection
- bags of ice
- tobacco
- alcohol
The list is practically endless. Even the library has a drop off point at the edge of the car park so you don't even need to get out of your car to return your book or media. Shame they don't go all the way with a window to order them and another to pick them up!
And I don't mean to make fun of it (much), because the more I'm here the more I really do appreciate all the drive-through options. I also understand why there are so many when it's over 30 degrees C for six months of the year and everyone does everything in their cars. It certainly makes it quicker and easier to drop off library books that are on the edge of late again or drop off and pick up school kids when you have younger children with you or pick up an essential mid morning snack!
No comments:
Post a Comment