And our washing machine has packed in.
It's been leaking for, well, the last coupla months I suppose, but not badly enough to do anything about, or at least not badly enough for us to do anything about. But maybe I should have listened to it a bit better when it refused to spin the last load of clothes we entrusted it with.
Anyway, AunTia left on Monday tea time and from then till last night I was 'checked out' of all things house related. I feel like that probably about once a month: our house ends up in such a state that it's easier to ignore and live in than try to deal with and tidy up. And by once a month I mean I feel like that every single day, but about once a month I go to the extreme and want to leave the dishes as they are on the table, the pots on the cooker, leave the crumbs on the floor, the dirty clothes wherever they land and just ignore it all. This time after twenty four hours I decided I should really start caring (and yes, the table had been cleared and cleaned - thank you Don), mostly because by then we were down to using disposable nappies on young Lightning as all the cloth ones were used and jammed tight in the nappy bucket in need of a wash.
So to the washing machine I take them: more fool me. Because of course it was the dirty, smelly nappies that I empty in to the machine before realising there was nothing. nada. zero. zip. no hint of power.
I ponder and pander and leave them in the machine till the Don gets back a while later and tries that old stick-the-plug-in-a-different-socket trick that I had already tried to no avail, and finally we decide someone will need to be called. To clarify, he did also check the fuse box: it wasn't that. So now not only do the dirty, smelly nappies have to go back in the nice, newly cleaned, lavender smelling nappy bucket for a while longer, but now the washer drum also needs to get cleaned out since it's had the smelly, pooey nappies in it for a few hours.
Looks like those nappies might need to sit in that bucket for the next week while the workman waits for the parts to come through. Which ain't gonna be pleasant. Also looks like the boys are gonna be on laundromat duty tonight with the other two loads needing done (we girls are hitting AWANA...).

1 comment:
NIGHTMARE!
Post a Comment