"Wow!" I thought. "Just goes to show how much kids pick up. We only sang carols a handful of times over the Christmas period, and she's totally got the words and tune perfect. And still remembers them."
Then I realised it wasn't a carol but Mary's Boy Child by Boney M.
Hark, now hear the angels sing, a king was born today,
And man will live for evermore, because of Christmas Day.
I'm guessing our No. 1 Christmas Album was played quite a lot this Christmas then.
* * * * *
Tiger is currently constantly singing:
How does she know that you love her?
How do you show her you love her?
How does she know that you really, really, truely love her?
"Thank you," Now That's What I Call Disney Track 7 Disc 1.
I pity her poor husband though if she carries on and learns the rest of it:
Well does he leave a little note to tell you you are on his mind?
Send you yellow flowers when the sky is grey? Hey!
He'll find a new way to show you, a little bit everyday.
That's how you know, that's how you know!
He's your love...
He's your love...
You've got to show her you need her.
Don't treat her like mind reader.
Each day do something to need her.
To believe you love her.
Well does he take you out dancin' just so he can hold you close?
Dedicate a song with words in just for you? Ohhh!
He'll find his own way to tell you, with the little things he'll do.
That's how you know, that's how you know!
He's your love...
He's your love...
Because he'll wear your favourite colour just so he can match your eyes.
Rent a private picnic by the fire's glow. Ohhh!
His heart will be yours forever, something every day will show!
That's how you know, that's how you know!
He's your love...
He's your love...
No comments:
Post a Comment