Saturday, 25 February 2012

Crowning Of The Poor

Yesterday afternoon another tooth broke.  That's right, another one.  Not quite in the same style as the first one but still, a quarter of my tooth popped out my mouth as I flossed it trying to, ironically, remove a piece of stuck carrot.  Which means it'll be another trip to the dentist on Monday and probably my third crown, if they have their way, since moving to Midland.  MY THIRD CROWN!  I had like three fillings in my first thirty years, and now I'm on my third crown.  And fourth thousand pound (apparently the original insurance quote they got from our insurers wasn't correct, which left us to pay pretty much the full amount, after the work had been done).  And I blinkin' went to the dentist in Scotland in January and came out with a clean bill of health...

Anyway, three babies: three teeth, that's what me ma always used to say, though the Don's convinced it's more to do with my Coke habit.  Coca Cola, you understand.  Either that or too many donuts, but if I ate too much sugar surely I'd get more cavities rather than my teeth just falling apart, no?  So I think it's the Coke that's gonna have to go.  

Really.

Honestly.

It will.  

Maybe.

No, it will.

Though maybe after those last six cans in the fridge are finished.  

And dinner times become less stressful.

Or I find another source of caffeine.

Not that I'm obsessed with Coke you have to understand, but over the last few years I've discovered a Coke a day keeps my own personal looney doctors away.  I've well chronicled my hate of dinner times, and a Coke just seems to, I dunno, get me over that hump.  I don't drink coffee at all, when I drink tea it's usually always decaffeinated, and I don't really touch any other fizzy drinks during the day, but my one coke at tea time... well, that caffeine and sugar hit has become my baby.  It may well be my baby's baby too*.  But I'm thinking it might have to go.

I'll let you know how I'm coping.

* Last October the Don was away in Santa Fe with work.  I ran out of Coke and for whatever reason didn't buy any more.  I suffered awful headaches the full five days, and Lightning girned non stop, day in, day out, night in, night out.  Were we missing daddy?  Was he (awful thought) missing the Coke?  The jury's still out...

No comments: