Friday, 17 February 2012

I Wouldn't Change A Thing

So you'll see the background to this blog has been changed.  It's in celebration of landing in Texas a year ago today*.

Admittedly the cactus shown is probably more like one found in Mexico or maybe Arizona rather than West Texas (we seem to have the wee round shrubby type ones here), but the image kinda made me think of here, in a good way.

Anyway, a few points to note and apologies to make:

  • Firstly, sorry if it's harder to read.  I think black text on white background is definitely the simplest thing, and I've held off for well over a year in changing the background cos I kinda liked what I had.  But that's it, it's done.  Sorry if it's not as clear, and maybe more cluttered.
  • Secondly, for some reason on my computer I don't seem to see the full image.  If anyone can tell me why I can see the full cactus including sunset in the thumbnail that blogger gives me and promises is the 'Live View', yet only half the cactus on my screen, please let me know.  I'd really like to see the full image. And again, apologies if you can't either, it really is a pretty picture.
  • Thirdly, I've now, finally, enabled the mobile template on the blog, so those reading this on their iPhones (iPads?) will see the simpler view.  It's not the best view, and you miss out on seeing all the changing photos of my little cherubs/terrors, but there you go.  You can choose the web version if you'd rather.
  • Lastly, if you'd rather not bother checking out any version but instead get each post emailed direct to your inbox (lazy sods), then just let me know.

And that's it.  We're looking forward to even more West Texas...!

*or tomorrow, or the day after I suppose, depending on when this is published, when you read it what time zone you're in, and ditto for last year.

1 comment: