Thursday, 14 June 2012

Have Cool, Will Travel

I'm never again gonna slag off Midland's drive-thru-school-drop-off system.

This week Toots has been attending her first VBS.  That's Vacation Bible School for those that didn't know (we didn't last year: all these signs kept appearing all over the city for VBS and we were just like "what?!").

Anyway, Monday morning, 9am, it was 31 degrees (C) outside in the shade. And in the sun it was hard and hot work getting three kids out of the car, carrying the megaton that is Lightning (did I say before that at one he is heavier than Toots and Tiger were at two?), and walking across a fair sized car park (First Baptist is one of the two mega-churches in Midland) before negotiating the maze of rooms and depositing Toots in the right classroom. And that all had to be done twice on the hotter lunch time pick up run because the first time I forgot to take my ID with me.

Roll on last day tomorrow and new school term when I can stay in my air-conditioned car!

No comments: