Sunday, 5 May 2013

Keep It In The Family

That's right, young Joe and I headed off to Scotland for a weekend of birthdays and babies.

Not a bad way to spend 8 hours

And as with all good journeys, there's a story to tell... this one involving four piece of luggage (including a buggy and pretty essential car seat), who missed their connection in Dallas, arrived in Edinburgh more than a day late, were stuck in a warehouse due to backlog, and were eventually picked up by ourselves after much strife, clothes borrowing, phone calls, and frustration, a day and a half in to the two and a half days we were in the country for .  All I can say is I'm glad I have three sisters who are all different sizes, who pack extra clothes, accessories and shoes, one who has a baby and is currently nursing, and a mum who can make almost anything you want appear from her Aladdin's Cave!

Ha!

First, four hours after arriving home in Scotland to pouring rain, the birthday:




The three youngest boy cousins


Then off to brunch the morning after the party the night before:



Boyd wearing top, scarf and jeans by Aunty Fona,
socks and bangle by AuntieTwo, pants and shoes by AunTia,
bra by a selection at Omas, and baby, models own.

Before completing the essential supermarket shop and supermarket cafe stop the afternoon after the brunch after the party the night before.

Papa meeting his namesake

Which left me no option but to include a cream tea:


Speaking of which, the second meal British Airways provided on the return journey included a scone, jam and clotted cream.  Yet one more reason I will always try to travel BA.  I miss my supermarket cafes...

No comments: