Saturday, 22 November 2014

Good Old American Way

It was Grandparents and Grand Friends Day at Trinity today, which is pretty much one of the biggest fundraising events in the school calendar.  Last year I explained more about it.  This year, I actually bid the most on one of the items - hooray!  Okay, so it did involve giving the ole sob story about wanting a keepsake of Trinity since we're leaving at Christmas yada yada, but whatever.  It worked.   So look out for an American memory when you come visit us!

Because this year it was all about From Sea To Shining Sea, which I have to say, made me teary on more than one occasion.  Is it because we're leaving the school?  Or is it America itself I'll miss?  Or is it the fact that the girls will loose their cute little American sayings?  And maybe pick up posh English accents?  Or is it that the boys are never going to stand with their hands on their hearts and sing out loud 'their' national anthem in the same way the girls do now?  Will the boys know the Fifty States song?  Will they be able to list me the presidents in the correct order?  Oh why does America, and Texas, have to be so durned patriotic.  It's catching!


Anyway, once again I was on the bleachers so only go the side of Toots's head in my camera, but the school photographer got a couple of crackers.






Is this the final time they'll be singing the Star Spangled Banner?


Excuse the fact that it's shaky and out of focus.  And that it's half way through before I start recording.  I obviously haven't yet worked out how to properly use the video option on my camera...  But hey, at least it was charged this time!


Actually, after Tiger and I left her classroom at 10am to find Toots, Toots decided she wanted to stay with her class for the rest of the morning till the official lunch-time dismissal.  Oh she loves school so much.  Which was fine with us: we hot-footed it over to Starbuck for a bit of one-on-one time.  And meant that we arrived back in school with five minutes left to plead/bid.

Results all round.

No comments: