I have just been hacked. Well, my UK bank account has.
The only reason I found out about it was because it took me into our overdraft which meant Oma got a nice little text message warning. Online I go and find out there have been four transactions made in London in the last two days that most definitely haven't come from my UK card which has been sitting untouched upstairs in my UK travel box.
I get a direct dial number from Oma for the fraud department (now that number I'm keeping a hold of) so its accepted by Skype and I have no waiting or anything, and the very kind lady shows me how to see all the transactions still pending on my account. There are like another twenty made by my card!
It's just, I don't know... how do you say it... so rude! Man that sounds so British. But to think that someone, somehow, manages to get all your details (I last used my card in the UK six weeks ago and have only used it online once since then) and then stays in hotels and orders taxis and movies and sports clothes and goodness knows what else on your dime... I don't know... you just have to wonder.
Thankfully I have to do nothing else and the account will be watched daily by the kind people who are going to be giving me all my money back, but it does make you question how someone can get all your details. And in this day and age where most online transactions are 'verified by Visa' too.
Just as well they were mostly for pathetic amounts. Even still, banks must loose millions each year...
No comments:
Post a Comment