Friday, 29 January 2016

Pools of Blue

I've said before how easy 7-year old girls can be (okay, turns out I didn't actually say it after that trip, but I definitely thought it at the time) and the girls at Tiger's pool party today were no exception.





Cheers!


I tell you what's hard though, and that's finding blue jelly in the UAE.  Because you can't.  I remember being surprised that you actually got blue jelly when I made the first version of this cake way back in 2012 (I had certainly never seen it in the UK before we left), and never imagined that I'd actually miss it.  I can tell you that yellow jelly with blue food dye doesn't cut it, so finally I found some clear, gelatin to dye blue instead which ended up tasteless and cloudy, but quite frankly, would do.

I also for the life of me could not find Cadbury's Fingers. I mean you can buy them here - I've bought them here - but I just couldn't find them in any of the shops I went in to this week.  Which was disappointing for me since I do like my Fingers, but also for Tiger since that was the bit she specifically remembered about the cake.

But despite the, what was the word again iChum? 'municipal' look of the cake, the kids didn't seem to mind ;)

1 comment:

Blondefish said...

Still excellent :) Now I just need a pool and a pool party and the weather to do the same!