This week is just one of those weeks that I'm ready to be over.
I took on the local Swim Club's secretary role about a month ago and though not a difficult one, it's definitely challenging. And frustrating. And time-consuming.
And last night, just to add to all of the above, I found out Google has a can-only-send-500-emails-in-24-hours-limit-before-blocking-your-account-for-24-hours. WHO KNEW?!?! That's on top of a can't-seem-to-bcc-100-addresses-without-thinking-it's-spam-and-sending-them-all-back-yet-still-recording-them-as-sent-hence-reaching-the-500-limit-within-an-hour. Wish I could put in one of those emojis with the steam coming out of the nose right here!
And it all happened at basically the worst possible time - when everyone in the club was waiting on me to update them on the 'pool leak' situation. Well, I guess that's also why it happened... The 'pool leak' situation happened yesterday morning when the kids rocked up at the pool at a quarter to six in the morning to find it practically empty. Training was obviously cancelled for Thursday, but there was a chance it might be open as soon as Friday. So Thursday night I finally got the update from the pool and had to email everyone (before they went to bed - which of course was the same time my kids were trying to get into bed and the Don had gone out to football) to say the 5:55am session would be cancelled but there'd be another update about the 16:45 and 19:30 session. Except Gmail refused to blind copy, I tried again a different way, and a different way, and a different way and got locked out for 24 hours. Ten of those nose steam emojis go in here - isn't it amazing how you are so used to having them in your life?!?
Anyway, I had access to the old Yahoo account and managed to email the four updates over that twenty four hour period from there, and my month of trying to convert the club to using the new Gmail address and not the old Yahoo one was wiped out in a flash *sigh*.
I'm sure next week will be better...
2 comments:
Mailchimp?
That's what Blondefish suggested. I just need to work it out!
Post a Comment