Sunday, 10 September 2017

X

So The X Factor is all new to our kids.  To be honest, we only got round to watching last Saturday's show yesterday, at a far more family friends time of 6pm, but I was quite keen to get back in to it after a 7 year hiatus.  

But what's it all about now?!? Where are the bad singers? The short clips of cringeworthy attempts at singing?  The crazy pleading that "really we are good, it's just nerves"?  "Please just give us one more chance!"

Now there is too much background I think; too many long stories; too much information about the five acts they chose to select for their hour-long show.  And what's with the other contestants watching the live-stream auditions?  And even worse, the critical comments from them.  That's our job, here at home!  And do wannabes still only need three votes, or do they need all four?  Cos I've only ever seen all four given.  Maybe I'm just too used to American Idol and American confidence and Ryan Seacrest and that golden ticket...not that I've watched that for seven years either.

Anyway, show more of the awful singers (or do they not get through the pre-check anymore?), give us less back-story, and keep some exciting surprises for the next stages.  That's my tuppence worth Mr Cowell.

No comments: