Tuesday, 30 January 2018

Everything Is...

We have a 'friends one year, family the next' birthday party policy in our house.  Sometimes the friend side of it gets postponed, usually due to 'new school / new friends / no friends [that mum know] yet' problem, but for the most part it works out.  Okay, about half the time it works out but I usually have a pretty good reason for choosing a family birthday over a friends one!

Anyway, with Tiger and Joey's birthdays being only three days apart, this year I introduce a one-birthday-in-January policy, regardless of whether it should be 'family' or 'friends', and Tiger won (mostly due to the fact that I have as yet not put any effort into knowing Joey's school friends or arranging play dates - in time in time!).

For Joey's birthday treat instead we took the three younger one down to the amusement park at the beach yesterday for a play in Smuggler's Cove (the leisure pool would have been his first choice but for the flume closure - and since Toots was swimming at RGU and we had to travel into the Big Smoke on Sunday afternoon anyway this worked out pretty well) followed by the ever-loved McDonalds*.  Though on reflection, I think McDonalds is only loved so much because of their iPads...

Today, finally, after all that counting down (which was so sweet), it was finally time for the presents and cake:

...AWESOME!





Let me just say, fondant icing and I are no longer friends.  It is tough to work with.  And also as mingin' as red frosting.  Why didn't I pick green?  Or blue?  Or yellow?

Anyway, Aunty Fona sent us through this photo which prompter a very cute response:

"Hey, come and look at this picture..."
"Has she had her baby already?!?!"
"That baby is called Zach"
Running through to the others...
"Hey guys, Aunty Fona's had her baby
and it's called Zach!!!"
"Eh...."


* Which was actually open this year - what a trauma I had last year driving all the way in on Joey's birthday only to discover it was closed for refurbishment!  Think we ended up settling for a much-later-than-planned dinner of take-away pizza.

No comments: