It's that time of the year again (cos with four kids and eight passports between us it does pretty much come up once a year)...
| Holiday Time! |
Last January I realised that Lightning's British passport ran out that very month and so had to make a very quick renewal. Not that we'd booked to go anywhere at the time, but a hot holiday was definitely what was needed and desired I didn't want to be caught short. This year we're renewing Joey's with the full six months to go because we actually booked a holiday more than a month in advance (woo woot!), and travelling with only 3 months left on his old one isn't going to cut it.
Now I'm debating about what to do with his US passport, which runs out next month. Lightning's was renewed while we were in Abu Dhabi as we were travelling to the US on holiday anyway, and it was required as they won't issue him an ESTA. With Joey though we have no actual plans to travel to the US in the next five years, so there's no legal reason for him to have an up to date US passport. But oh I so want him to have one!
Is 100 bucks, 8 pounds worth of US sized passport photos and a trip for all three of us to the US Consulate in Edinburgh worth it?!?! I just don't know...
1 comment:
of course it is ;-)
Post a Comment