Sunday, 9 December 2018

Broken Hero

Aaaaarrgghhhh!!!! Why does a washing machine always have a problem on a Friday night when you have a weekend of washing ahead of you?!?


What's really annoying is that I was actually doing a pyjama/synthetic/sports clothing wash at the time the rip seemed to occur, so I can't think how something got caught in the door seal and ripped the rubber so badly - badly enough for all those clothes on the floor in front of the machine (which was most of my next load of washing) to be soaked from water leaking out during the wash and spin.

Anyway, a YouTube search, some debate, a trip to Homebase, a tube of silicone, two attempts using different sides of greaseproof paper, and 48 hours later, the washing machine gasket seems to be fixed.  And holding it's seal.


It's maybe not the prettiest fix you'll ever see, but it's saved us fifty quid so I'm not complaining!

No comments: