Sunday, 16 December 2018

The Rugbys

It's been, cor, maybe eleven and a half years* since I last saw this Rhino, which was pre-marriage, pre-kids, and pre-move to the land of the hobbits.  Well, I've a vague recollection of maybe catching up with him at some point a few years later, but it's only very vague, and I'm not sure any kids were involved.

Anyway, it was lovely to finally meet the family on their whirlwind trip to Scotland during their 'summer' holidays (he's from England, she's from N. Ireland so the North East was just a whistlestop memory tour - and to show his sports fanatic boys the mighty Pittodrie), and as I'm sure I've said before, catching up with folks you knew well at uni, even if you've not seen them for years, is such fun and so easy.

Didn't even get a photo of them though, so this one will have to do!



*We didn't make his wedding as I was heavily pregnant with Toots, but we definitely managed a cuppa at the Keswick Convention a month earlier...

No comments: