Thursday, 13 December 2018

Coming To Terms (End)

Anyone else think the school term just needs to finish a week early at Christmas time?  Last week I had Tiger off school for two days after battling a cough and being really not quite right for more than ten days.  Yesterday Joey woke feverish and Lightning came home from school and basically went straight to bed and slept through till morning.  Today I have both boys off school after Joey had a horrendous night and Lightning woke up with a fever, though two boys and no school is starting to sound more like an opportunity to play and muck around together rather than rest and heal together.  But really I just think everyone is knackered, parents included.

Except for Toots actually, who is the picture of health. It could be that swimming 25+ km and taking part in three different sports a week has kept her body fit and healthy, or that she's more disciplined with her sleep because of so many early mornings, or it could simply be, as she claims (probably because I drone on to the others about this endlessly!) because she dutifully wears socks, slippers, a vest and her dressing gown every. single. day.

No comments: