| Such potential in that sunflower on the right |
| The pods that never had the chance to reveal their peas :( |
This mama was floored on Monday night by some sort of summer flu-like bug. I mean it knocked. me. for. six. Lightning waking up four or five times during the night and throwing up twice didn't help either, but come Tuesday morning I literally couldn't move. Well, I managed to move enough to cancel the Alpha lunch at our house that day, and whatsapp the Don and beg him to leave work to pick Toots back up from the pool at 8:15am, bring her home, then get all the kids ready and up to school. Which he did. He then had to come home and feed a recovering Lightning lunch, then come home again to pick up Joey from school (cos he obviously can't walk/cycle himself), then deal with tea and the crazy-Tuesday-after-school-activity schedule. Cos I. was. floored. Aches, pains, weakness, sleeeeeeeep, and a whole lot more aches and pains. No sickness though, thank you stomach of iron.
And Wednesday was pretty much the same after Joey threw up Tuesday night. Though he got over that very quickly, and as Lightning was clearly on the mend the two boys spent the day watching TV, fighting, dressing up, watching TV, and generally actually being well enough to be in school. No fun for a recovering mama.
By Wednesday evening I was finally upright long enough to notice our poor plants. Or at least notice them enough to realise they now needed the bin. Which is such a shame... Why couldn't it have been a week or rain since I wasn't well enough to enjoy the sun anyway?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment