Thursday, 25 November 2021

Good Old American Way

When I woke up it may well have been my birthday, but it was definitely Thanksgiving by the end of the day!

Actually, we'd already decided to postpone birthday cake, presents and celebrations till Saturday, which meant after I eventually got home from my birthday brunch with iChum and husbands (which actually included the one and only "Happy Birthday" sung and candle blown of the day) it was time to cook, cook, cook.  Though let me tell you, cooking with gluten-free ingredients did not work out quite as well as hoped!


LOVE that Toots has taken up baking!

Think more of the maple and
golden syrups ended up on the bottom
of my oven than in the pie!

Anyway, we ended up spending a fabulous evening with MamaPink and family (who I've just realised, I got in touch with for the first time nine years ago to the week when we were both living in Midland), including their newest 11 day old precious bundle of joy, who slept through the entire thing.

No comments: