We're in the middle of the November long weekend, and usually I am
desperate to get away to our
home away from home on these few days off school. However, stupid COVID means Tigh Mor is forever packed and not available for last-minute split-week holidays which is really, really annoying. So instead I decided to sign Toots up to a couple of swim meets, and Lightning up for a Scout survival camp over the weekend, with the thought of maybe getting away from the Wednesday night till Friday evening, because I
hate the idea of not making the most of days off school. But then of course stupid COVID hit us, on the back of two weeks of October holidays, and the kids were only back to school for five days before they were off again for this long weekend, then one of the plans I tentatively thought about fell through, and in the end we decided to have the long weekend at home. Made even longer because Toots was pulled out of her two swim meets as part of her recovery programme.
Anyway, turns out it was a good thing, because I never really got back to my list of things I'd intended to do post-holiday, because post-holiday meant COVID and post-COVID meant a lingering head cold and loss of taste and smell and general fatigue (at least for me) and early nights for everyone. So yesterday we ended up cleaning the house and ticking off a whole list of chores (very boring but very satisfying), and this morning we ran a whole bunch of errands in oor wee toon which freed us up this afternoon to head into the Big Smoke for a Maccy Ds and...
Sadly I did not break one hundred and was nowhere near my cracking
Ruidoso score, but hey ho, sometimes it's good for others to win ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment