Saturday, 13 November 2021

Search and Destroy

I have never understood wilful vandalism.  I just don't get it.

This morning we woke up to this:




I mean it's not a big deal... there's no monetary loss to us or anyone else... it just makes you think "why?!?"  Why destroy something just for the sake of it, or for a momentary laugh with your friends, without any thought to those that might actually have monetary or sentimental attachment to whatever it is you're destroying?  I just don't get it.

I mean I've no idea how old that sign was - probably not hugely old, but certainly not modern! - but it was part of the house and the character and, apart from the fact that it's made of wrought iron and cemented into the ground, not something that is easily replaceable.  Not even with a bit of welding I don't think...

No comments: