Do you know, I've done so well... both yesterday and today I've been standing at the stove by 6am, cutting onion, peeling garlic, frying mince, grating cheese, making tacos yesterday and chickpea and peach curry today in my le creuset, knowing that the day was going to be chaos. I knew I'd not be able to get back into my kitchen until the workmen left at 4:30pm, and when I did get back in would take be 30-60 minutes just to clean the kitchen, corridor and bathroom of dust before they could be used and walked through, so I figured get something in the le creuset and in the oven before the workmen get here at 7:45am, set the timer to come on at 4:30, and somewhere between 5 and 5:30pm we could still eat, and the kids could still get out to their activities on time.
And yesterday it worked a treat.
Today though, getting two of our living windows replaced (or I should say one, cos the other one still needs doing tomorrow) meant not only was our kitchen was unusable, but our living room looked like this:
And it broke me.
So I ordered pizza, we ate it on a picnic blanket on the floor of Tiger's room, and the kids still got out to their activities on time. The curry will keep till Friday...


No comments:
Post a Comment