Thursday, 8 December 2022

A Plan Too Far

Ah the best laid plans...

I had every intention of basically writing another blog post from bed that went something like "I've said it before, but I'll say it again... vive la teachers' strike!"

The plan was to let the Don get Lightning up for swimming, then go back and pick him up a few hours later, then get both boys breakfasted, packed lunched and out the house all so that, for once, I could turn over, ignore the day, and go back to sleep (or at least turn over and snuggle back down).  Then, once the girls were awake we were going to watch our penultimate Downton episode in bed with warm cups of tea and pain au chocolat: a wonderful start to another day of teacher strikes.

Except the snow actually lay over night, which meant school was postponed till 10am, which completely upset all my snuggle down plans (as in the Don went to work so I had to deal with getting the boys to school), which were already interrupted by the painter showing up at 8:10, just as the Don was heading out the door, which meant I had to get up anyway to discuss plans with him.


Which is a shame because normally I really do love snow; this morning though, I just wish the boys had started school at 9am!

No comments: