Today was the deadline for our extension work to be finished, because tomorrow lunch time we are going away for a much needed break. I repeat, a MUCH. NEEDED. break. Which means yes, we are taking the kids out of school for the last week of term. And do you know what? I don't care.
Of course, today at 4pm I also found out that the plasterer would need to come back tomorrow morning to finish off the grouting (which means yet more cleaning), and that thanks to the pattern of tiles we picked we'd actually need to order another 30 and they'd not be finished off till January. And worse than that, that the flooring I'd picked for our store room which was due to be fitted this evening at 5pm as a homer (and meant we could clear out the spare room so that Oma actually has somewhere to sleep when she comes home with us on the 24th), didn't actually fit our store room - I mean 90% of it is my fault (tired maths isn't my forte) but the other 10% I don't take responsibility for! The electrician also needs to come back for final fittings, and the back wall needs to actually be finished (currently it's only half built with breeze block). We seem to have wet patches at the bottom of our patio doors, despite additional sealant going down, and all in all, the space is liveable, but not finished.
Nevertheless, despite the earlier tears of frustration, we did manage to host our planned Youth Christmas movie night and Secret Santa exchange this evening aaand the boys even got last minute tickets to join the Scout group at the local panto, so all in all I suppose we could call it a successful week!
No comments:
Post a Comment