Wednesday, 16 April 2025

Run, Freedom, Run!

Honestly, that blinkin' rabbit... She has such a good life, and so much freedom, yet still she wants more.

In fairness, it may well have been my fault as I honestly don't remember opening and closing the gate (which is quite unlike me) when I left for my meeting after opening up her hutch, but I get home 3 hours later to find Toots, in the rain, almost late for work, valiently trying to entice Violetta from under a pallet full of wood in our front garden.

Turns out she must have 'escaped', I'm thinking been scared by a dog or something, and run behind the shed and under the pallet and woodpile for cover.  All Toots knows is that someone came to the front door to say there was a rabbit loose.  But could we get her out?!?  Nope.  Eventually, as I was getting late for a meeting, I had to interrupt the Don's meeting, and we had to move all the wood from the pile so that we could pick up the pallet and grab her.  Not what either of us had planned for a quarter to 4 on a rainy Wednesday!  I am glad the Don works from home though. 


As I said, blinking' rabbit...

No comments: