HOORAY! Finally a reason to give up reading Moneyball, and a good looking one at that:
I mean, once you've read the book the film is never as good is it... and there's no point spoiling a perfectly good film... (the Don would like people to note here that he bought the book before he knew a film was made about it - in fact, he only found out about the film today. I would like people to note how much Brad Pitt looks like Robert Redford in the film).
But I tried, really I did. I'm four v e r y l o n g chapters in, and I've read it every night for the last week, but it should say something when I'm only four chapters in instead of four chapters from the end. A week may not seem like a very long time, but in that week Grandma left behind two books that look very interesting and Oma brought a book that I'd ordered on Amazon months ago, so quite frankly, I'm impressed that I didn't ditch Moneyball sooner (I tried: the Don made me feel guilty so I picked it up again. And I have learned some interesting stuff...). Particularly since a very wise Tante once said to me (when I was struggling to finish John Grisham's A Painted House - now that's a boring book) that if reading is for pleasure, why not stop reading a book when you don't enjoy it and start reading a book you do enjoy? Which I do agree with, even though generally I try and persevere with a book.
Anyway, that's it, Moneyball no more, at least until this Fall. Time to delve back into the Willies with the third Casteel family saga... I am, after all, the person that wrote this post.
2 comments:
Posting videos works!
Posting things from YouTube works. Videos that I take still don't. Boo hiss.
Post a Comment